SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Provide day-to-day back office support and coordination of the Service Project Management Office (PMO). Act as a central point of support for the department and interact with other departments such as Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, and Field Service, and assist Project Managers with Project Management Tasks as requested.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead efforts in optimizing the PMO’s use of the business operations software (SAP) including the supporting spreadsheets necessary to plan and track projects.
- Assist Director of Modernizations in getting timely submittals from the project managers (time, expenses, forecasting, dashboards, additional reports requested, etc.).
- Assist project managers with new requisitions and quotations in SAP.
- Develop and maintain a PMO project tracking list, showing status and resources required for all projects, current and forecast.
- Working closely with the PM’s manage the service POC report, with up to date and accurate costing and forecasting information.
- Maintain the departmental KPI tracking sheet.
- Assistance with ISO Process Update and Continuous Improvement requirements.
- Participate in lessons learnt meetings and suggest updates to processes accordingly.
- Document PMO Best Practices and Areas for Improvement.
- For each project provide a case study document with photographs, for use in presentations and future marketing.
- Assist Director with development of presentations (in PowerPoint) when needed.
- Assist with on-boarding of new project managers – familiarize project managers with the processes and tools needed for internal reporting and basic administrative responsibilities.
- Participate in PMO team meetings – take notes and action items and distribute accordingly.
- Working under a PM assist with PM tasks and duties.
- Working under a PM, take on PM responsibility for smaller projects.
- Follow PM processes and guidelines for assigned projects/Tasks.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills with emphasis on Excel. Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and overall people skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in Project Management, Engineering, or related discipline and 5+ years of related experience
- Basic understanding of accounting terminology and reporting
- Skill set must include the following software: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with corporate business operations software is a must; SAP knowledge is highly preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to develop documents/tools meant to bring organization of a department
- Occasional travel is required
- Experience working with or in a PMO is highly desirable
These descriptions as noted above cover the significant duties to be performed but do not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned; the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the general nature of this job.
Directly accountable to the Director of Modernizations to perform all assigned responsibilities and duties. Ensures the project managers are supported when required and works with other departments to obtain and provide seamless exchange of information required. Meet with Director of Modernizations each week to review assignments, priorities, areas of concern, etc.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com